Thursday 24 June 2010

Sketch-Sculpt: Part 5

This should wrap things up on my sketch-sculpt.

After I finished the initial sanding passed, I added a couple coats of grey primer. I wet-sanded between each coat of primer, and then I gave her a final polishing with a scrap piece of cotton cloth.

It was great to see my sculpture reach this point, and it was particularly cool that it was so solid and durable after the baking. It's held up to all the handling and sanding without cracking or breaking, which is great because I've got one last thing to add: her hair.

And now she's finished. (Well, at least for now she is.)

It feels really great to have taken this sculpture this far. I learned a lot as I worked my way through the entire process. If I were to critique my own piece, I would not find it without fault. I see a lot that could be improved in both her pose and in her anatomy . Maybe someday, I'll address these issues. I've actually contemplated making a mold, casting her in wax, and making revisions to her in that form, but for now... I'm calling this one done!

Cheers!
~Tony Preciado

No comments:

Post a Comment